LM317 DC In 5~24V Out 2.5~12V Volt Regulator Converter
20 g / 0.7 oz
- Over 12-hours strict QC test can guarantee the quality
- Internal Thermal Overload Protection
- Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
- Output Transistor Safe Operating Area Compensation
- Default output voltage is 5V DC
- Output Ripple and Noise： Maximum RMS 3mV, Maximum 8mV P-P, @5V, 0.2A output.
- Maximum Input Voltage： 24V
- Suggested Input Voltage： +5~+24V DC
- Output Variable Between： +2.5V ~+12V
- Operating Environment Temperature Range： 0 ~+55℃.
- Storage Environment Temperature Range：-25~+85℃.
- Advanced SMD technology
- Integrates screw terminals made by famous CIXI RI
JING ELECTRON CO LTD-a ISO-9001:2000, UL, CE, VDE and RoHS compliant
The formula to calculate the maximum current is expressed as follows:
Imax =1.5/( VIN – VOUT )
VIN is the input voltage, VOUT is the output voltage
for example, if the input voltage is 10V, the output
voltage is 7V, the maximum output current is 1.5/ (10-7) =0.5A. when the
power consumption reaches 1.5 watt, the board temperature will rise
dramatically by 40℃ based on ambient temperature.
The maximum output current is the least one after comparing the result of this formula and 0.5A
Notes on connection：
- GND should be connected to the negative of power supply or the housing of your instrument.
- LM317 is able to regulate output voltage when a load is conneted.
- The output current shall exceed 5mA, otherwise the output voltage will be unstable.
- To obtain a certain output voltage, you shall feed an input voltage of at least 3V higher than the output voltage
- The output voltage might fall short of expected voltage if the entire circuit is the load is too heavy.
Suggested connection is shown in Figure 1.